Thursday, July 5, 2012

I am all He says I am

Are you gullible? Do you believe lies easily? Often times we wouldn’t categorize ourselves as gullible. We are well adjusted and informed individuals. But, how gullible are you when it comes to lies about yourself? Satan is one tricky jerk and gets us to believe all sorts of lies.

He is the father of lies.
I believe that our susceptibility to all of satan’s lies is an epidemic. We don’t know who we are. This is something that I struggle with, and have since I was a young girl. In your formative years you are desperately seeking out to define ‘who you are’. What kind of person you will be. So often we get answers from all of the wrong places. Media, friends, bullies, older siblings, even parents. Don’t misunderstand me, a parent instilling a healthy self-worth in their children is VASTLY important, but if that’s where you get your identity, I’m sorry to burst your bubble sister, its wrong. The ONLY place we are to form our identities from is the lips of our heavenly father.
This is hard, at least for me, because the sheer volume of voices screaming out the wrong answers drowns out the soft whispers of my heavenly father. In my head, I’ve heard all of the truth, and read all of the truth, but why are the lies easier to believe than the truth? Because my mind is full of crap. There it is, the long and short of it folks. Every day, all day, our minds are filled with all sorts of stuff, work stuff, facebook stuff, school stuff, pinterest stuff, boyfriend stuff, girl-friend stuff…DANG! It’s a wonder anything else fits in there!!! It does though, lies find their way into your mind and take root like the weeds that they are. So, what do you do?
Get out your gloves girl, you’re going to have to do some heavy gardening. If I take this metaphor farther, think of it this way. God is the gardener, you are the soil. But you aren’t really soil are you? You’re a person, who ALWAYS has a choice with the Lord. You can let Him in and ask Him to weed eat the junk out of your mind, or you can refuse His help.  The way that the Lord renews your mind is by filling it up with the truth – His word. You’ve got to put enough truth in there so you will stop believing all of the lies.
This is a journey I’ve been going on for a while. As a little girl, I believed the lies satan put into my head. I believed I was ugly, fat, and not good enough. Those creepy little critters still hang around the attic of my mind, and typically pop out when I least expect it. Like when I’m buying my Husband shorts and start to feel insecure because of the size of His pants in comparison to mine. (bad day right there, I feel sorry for all of the Target patrons.) Or when I have a bad day, act like a brat, and wonder why would anyone marry me in the first place?!
LIES.
They are all lies. Because here’s the deal: I AM ALL HE SAYS I AM. If you don’t know that Cody Carnes song, go YouTube it, then buy it, because that stuff is the TRUTH! I am the daughter of THE King. I am powerful, I am worthy of love, and I am beautifully and wonderfully made.
So yea, I’ll never be Kate Beckinsale, but I’m awesome, because I’m all that He says I am.
WORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment