Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I have the answer.


All of the time, I’m reminded of what a broken world we live in. All of the time. Sean and I have made it a point to watch the news during the week, so we’re not uneducated out of touch young’ins. It’s hard sometimes, to hear about it all – to have a daily reminder “Hey you’re still here on earth – you’re government is still run by a bunch of humans” We’re still broken.

I don’t understand people who feel as if they don’t need God. I’m desperate for him. In the wake of a difficult presidential election, the crumbling health care, an unstable economy, and two mass shootings – I’m on my knees. It’s where we all should be. I don’t care how you feel about guns, gun laws, or public schools. That is not the battlefield we are called to fight on.

For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.Eph. 6:12

What are you fighting for? Where are you fighting? Are you on your knees? Are you warring with words of prayer – or fear? Are you a symbol of peace amongst the chaos of this life? Peace is not having a loaded gun under your bed, having enough money in the bank to retire tomorrow, or having everyone you love alive. Peace is Jesus Christ. Peace is knowing your fate is sealed – that nothing in this world can harm you. We can hurt, even Jesus cried, but did He wallow? Did he allow death to overcome him? No, and thank goodness He didn’t. Death didn’t stop Jesus – and I refuse to allow it to stop me. Death has no hold on me; I pray that it has no hold on you.

With everything going on right now we as Christians have an incredible opportunity to shine so brightly in the darkest hour, because we have the answer! We know the Prince of Peace – whose peace passes all understanding. We can show people why we are able to have peace during this time.

Please take up this charge – don’t allow emotion, fear, or grief to stifle your witness. Be sad, but in your grief point others to peace. Point them to Jesus – because only His hands heal broken hearts. He is the answer, every time. Amen.
 
 
  Excuse the old, somewhat cheesy 90s worship song. Sometimes relevance is highly overrated. Truth is always relevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment